Dummy training has its origins in hunting and is becoming increasingly popular as an activity for working dogs of all breeds. Situations similar to hunting are simulated and dummies are used instead of real game.
Dummy work includes other exciting training elements in addition to retrieving. It is a varied and challenging activity in which the dog can use all its senses and is mentally and physically challenged.
In addition, various elements of the hunting behaviour chain are used in dummy training, which also makes it interesting for dogs with hunting ambitions.
The seminar gives dog owners a first insight into the basics of dummy work and is suitable for dogs from 12 months of age that enjoy retrieving and exercise. Dogs of all breeds as well as mixed breeds are welcome.
Conditions of participation:
- Training with marker signals and positive reinforcement is known.
- The dog likes to carry suitable objects
- The dog is familiar with the behavioural chain of retrieving.
- The dog knows the position "on the leg" of the reference person (sitting or standing).
- The dog returns on whistle / recall.
- The dog feels comfortable working in a group with other dogs.